With over 1.5 billion logged-in users each month, YouTube is the world's largest online video-sharing platform. Approximately 400 hours of content is uploaded every minute, and over a billion hours of videos are viewed every day. So, what would you do if you found out that YouTube is not properly working? Several user reports from different regions insist that they are receiving an error saying YouTube video unavailable. The problem seems to be caused by ad-blocker extensions installed in their browsers. Disabling them could fix the issue. However, some users receive the same issue and have difficulty watching YouTube videos without an ad-blocker installed or running. If you are experiencing the problem right now, this can be a real pain, particularly for those who use YouTube daily. But we've got you covered here. Scroll down below to see the list of different solutions that will surely help you fix the "YouTube this video is not available sorry about that" problem.
Refresh YouTube Page and Relaunch Your Browser
This video error message appears due to a temporary bug with YouTube. So, before going with complex troubleshooting to resolve such problems like YouTube video unavailable errors, you can try a simple solution like refreshing the YouTube webpage. This is also applicable when YouTube processing abandoned while trying to upload video from the platform. To do so, click the refresh button in the toolbar or press F5 on your keyboard. Apart from that, we also suggest relaunching your browser if the error message is still displaying. Then, visit the YouTube web page and see if the error has been resolved.
Consider Using a VPN
The error message from the YouTube video appears in different forms. If you received an error message saying that the YouTube video not available in your country, you should consider the platform and country restrictions. Due to the original owner or regulations established, YouTube videos prevent users from other countries or websites from viewing them. Fortunately, using a proxy or a VPN (Virtual Private Network) will make it possible for you to play YouTube videos online. A VPN will break the firewall of your IP address that blocks you from watching the video that is not accessible in your place. It protects your device's IP address while also assigning you a new IP address.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
The hardware acceleration feature on the platforms has access to the GPU for rendering videos to your computer. It decreases the percentage of CPU use for your browser, which is responsible for the platform's display of the "YouTube this video is not available" error message. To fix this kind of error and avoid it in the future, you should completely disable this feature on your system. Here are simple walk-throughs to do so.
- Using your Google Chrome, type in "chrome://settings/system" or simply copy then paste it to the browser’s address bar; this will direct you to the browser system settings.
- Here, toggle off the switch beside the "Use hardware acceleration when available" to disable the hardware acceleration on your browser.
- Once done, relaunch the browser and check the YouTube site if the error is now fixed.
The walk-throughs given above are almost similar if you're using Microsoft Edge; all you need to do is replace the given URL from "chrome" into "edge" ("edge://settings/system"). But if you're using Mozilla Firefox, type in "about:preferences#general" and navigate to the "Performance section to disable the browser's hardware acceleration.
Clear Browsing Data and History
A corrupted cache on your device/browser is sometimes the cause of several errors from different platforms. It stores all types of temporary data on your device. Clearing them eliminates any kinds of errors away, such as when YouTube video is not available and even when YouTube sidebar not showing. To avoid an error again, we suggest that you clear the browsing data on your browser. To do that, you can refer to the guide below, which works regardless of the browser you are using.
- Open the browser and click the "Ctrl+Shift+Delete" keys on your keyboard at the same time. Following that, a new window will appear.
- Pick the time range at "All time" for Chrome and Everything for Firefox browser.
- When done, hit the "Clear data" on your Google Chrome, "OK" in Mozilla Firefox, or "Clear now" (for Microsoft Edge user) button to proceed to clear all browsing data.
Reinstall Your Web Browser
Suppose all the above’s solution fails and you’re still caught by the message displaying “YouTube this video is not available sorry about that.” In that case, another best solution you can do to fix this error is by reinstalling your web browser. For some instances, when the installation files become corrupted, the web browser can be the root cause of the problem; it may also lead to several other errors. So, reinstalling your browser will delete all the saved data files in it, even those corrupted ones. If you want to know how to reinstall your browser, see the guide below.
- Using your computer, click on the "Start" menu button. Type in "Apps & features" and launch it afterward.
- Here, find and select the browser you want to uninstall. For this tutorial, we used Google Chrome. So after selecting the browser, click the "Uninstall" button to continue.
- Once done, click on this link to reinstall Google Chrome. You have to download the file and carefully follow the installation prompt.
- After the installation, open the browser and visit YouTube to check if the error doesn't exist anymore.