In the past couple of years, the recommended videos section on YouTube has gained a lot of criticism from people who use the platform. YouTube users were complaining about the suggested videos that were being shown to them on the homepage. The homepage was flooded with videos from five to six years ago. If you’re not aware, YouTube works according to a predefined algorithm. Hence, the recommended videos are influenced by the searches you perform and the channels you subscribe to. However, YouTube can sometimes become confused and begin to show you irrelevant content. Reddit users said that unrelated videos show up on their YouTube homepage even though they’ve never interacted with anything about what these channels are about. Now that you’re reading this article, we assume that you encounter the same problem. So, we are here to help as we will show you possible ways to fix the YouTube recommended broken issue.
Three Ways to Fix YouTube Recommended Broken
In this part, we will provide you solutions that you can do on how to fix recommended videos on YouTube. Try on each resolution, and they will surely fix the problem.
Solution 1: Reset YouTube Recommendation
On resetting YouTube recommendations, you can do it in two ways. One is by clearing YouTube search history, and the second one is by deleting YouTube watch history.
To clear YouTube Search History:
- In your browser, go to the YouTube site. Click on your avatar located at the top right corner of the YouTube homepage and select Your Data in YouTube.
- Scroll down a bit and go to the YouTube Watch History section. Here, click on the Manage your YouTube Search History.
- Using the delete dropdown menu, select the range date to All Time. A confirmation window will occur and hit on the Delete button.
To delete YouTube Watch History:
- Navigate to Your Data in Youtube. You can refer to the first step you did in clearing YouTube search history.
- Look for the YouTube Watch History section and click the Manage your YouTube Watch History.
- From the left menu icon, click Delete activity by and then select time range as All Time. A pop-up window will appear. Here, click on the Delete button to delete all the watch history.
Solution 2: Remove YouTube Recommendations
Removing YouTube recommendations altogether is another solution we suggest you try. This option is best if you never want to use YouTube-recommended videos or you don't want to be annoyed by them over again. You can remove YouTube recommendations by using web chrome extensions which is the fastest and secure way. You can use YouTube recommendation blocking browser extensions such as Unhook, Options, Remove Youtube Suggestions, and more. These web extensions are available to any popular browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
Solution 3: Mark YouTube Recommended Videos as not Interested
Another solution you can do to fix YouTube recommended broken issues is to appeal to the YouTube team. By doing this, it will give them an indication that you don’t want to see such videos on your recommendation. You can do it with just simple steps.
- Just click the three-dot menu next to the video that you don’t want to see.
- You can either select Not Interested, and YouTube will ask why you don’t want to view the video. You can also select the Don’t recommend channel option to refrain from seeing videos from that particular channel.
Tips: How to Download YouTube Videos
OS Support: Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS X 10.8 or later
If you want to save YouTube videos, we have a perfect tool for you. The tool is called Acethinker Video Keeper, a simple yet powerful video downloader. It will allow you to download videos from various websites, including YouTube, Facebook, VEVO, Vimeo, and more. You can save YouTube videos smoothly with ease since Video Keeper supports a multi-thread technology that boosts the downloading process up to 3x faster than other tools. It also supports batch download, wherein you can download YouTube playlists or multiple videos simultaneously without affecting its original quality. To learn how to download videos from YouTube using this tool, follow the steps we have provided to you below:
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the YouTube Video Downloader
First, save the installer from your computer by clicking the download button provided above. Pick depends on your computer’s OS. Click on the left download button if you’re a Windows user and the other if you’re a Mac user. Once saved, install it on your computer and launch it afterward.
Step 2 Download YouTube Videos
Open a web browser and go to the YouTube website. Search for the video you want to download and copy the URL link into the address bar. Return to Video Keeper and paste the URL by clicking the "Plus" sign on the tool's left hand. The uploading process will begin automatically.
Step 3 Check The Progress of The Video
Now, go to the "Completed" panel to see the downloaded YouTube video. Then, right click on the video using your mouse and it will give you a list of options like Play, Open Folder, Remove selected, etc.
Step 4 Play the YouTube Video
From the list, click on Play to immediately start watching the video using the Video Keeper's built-in media player.