YouTube is the world's leading online video-sharing site, with apps available on various platforms. These include Android and iOS devices, game consoles such as Xbox and PlayStation. However, those who use YouTube apps on their Xbox have recently reported an issue that prevents them from viewing videos on YouTube. One Xbox user raised his concern regarding the issue on the Microsoft Community. "I've been trying to use YouTube on my Xbox 360, but it doesn't work since last Thursday, I reinstalled the app, but it didn't work, I've been reporting this issue every day, but there hasn't been a solution." he posted. After that, other Xbox users also start reporting about similar issues. Based on their statements, we have concluded that the issue occurs in different forms, such as the following: YouTube will not start, the video may not play when you resume it, an error code might also appear on the screen, and more. If your Xbox YouTube not working and you have encountered any of the mentioned issues, don't be alarmed. In this article, we will provide you with working solutions to fix the issue.
As we mentioned above, the YouTube Xbox app could encounter trouble for a variety of reasons. Luckily, quick and easy solutions can solve almost every problem that arises while using the app on your Xbox. But, before trying the solutions listed below, you should first check the Xbox and YouTube status. Issues with any of these services can interfere with the Xbox YouTube App, resulting in your Xbox One or Xbox 360 YouTube not working properly.
Relaunch the YouTube App
If YouTube on Xbox One not working properly, the first solution you can do is relaunch the YouTube program. Doing this simple solution can also other issues on the platform, like when the video from YouTube loading slow. So, to know how to relaunch YouTube on your Xbox One, here's a simple guide.
- If the YouTube app is accessible on the Home screen, use your controller to highlight it but don’t open it.
- On the controller, press the "Menu (☰)" button.
- Select "Quit" if this option is available. If there’s no "Quit" option, then the app is not currently running.
- Relaunch the YouTube app by selecting it from the recently used tiles or "My games & applications".
Check your Xbox Live Account
Make sure that you are the only one signed into your Xbox Live account. Avoid signing in to accounts other than yours. Sign off all other guest accounts and profiles because they could cause conflict on settings. Aside from that, it affects how apps work and could be the reason why YouTube not working on Xbox One.
Restart Your Xbox Console
Resetting the console is the fastest and most reliable way for users to fix their Xbox One or Xbox 360 YouTube not working properly. Take note that restarting the console is different from switching off the console. Switching off the console only puts the Xbox in standby mode. In contrast, a restart closes all running applications or games, which can help resolve any glitches or errors in the YouTube app. To execute a hard reset on your Xbox, follow the steps below:
- To open the guide, press the "Xbox" button and go to "Settings".
- Click "Restart console" and then "Restart now" to confirm.
- Relaunch the Xbox Console.
Uninstall and Reinstall YouTube
If the issue still occurs, consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the YouTube program. This is one of the most straightforward solutions for resolving most of the problems that may arise when using the YouTube app on Xbox and other gaming platforms.
- From the Home screen, navigate to the "My games & applications".
- Select the "YouTube" app. Then, press the "Menu (☰)" button on your controller and select "Uninstall".
After successfully uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube app, check if the Xbox YouTube not working issue has been resolved.
Reset Your Modem and Router
In some instances, modems and routers have problems that prohibit them from successfully connecting to YouTube. A quick power cycle can sometimes help resolve network issues that stop users from using the YouTube app on their Xbox console. This way of rebooting works with most models of routers and modems. To learn how to reset your modem and router, see the guide below.
- Unplug the modem and router, including all other operated network hardware you have, such as network switches. Unmanaged devices can be left turned on, but use logic if you believe they are a part of the issue.
- Wait at least 30 seconds before proceeding. This time allows the systems to cool down and informs the ISP, Xbox console, and other machines that the router and modem are offline.
- Now, connect the modem. If it does not turn on within a few seconds, push the "Power" button. Give it at least 60 seconds. The modem authenticates with your ISP and will assign a public IP address at this time.
- Next, plug in the router. Check your router, as some may require you to push the "Power" button. Wait at least two minutes. This allows the router to boot up. It also allows your Xbox console and other network-connected devices time to get new private IP addresses allocated by the router's DHCP service. Once the router and modem restart, test to see if the Xbox YouTube is not working issue has been resolved.
That's all the troubleshooting steps that we've gathered the best to fix YouTube's not working on Xbox One. If there are any other fixes you know but haven't mentioned above, feel free to share them with us by commenting below.
Apart from YouTube on Xbox One not working issue, other Youtube-related issues like YouTube black screen also encounter by many users. But worry no more! You can hit on the link provided to know how to solve the problem.