YouTube is, without a doubt, considered indispensable. After all, it incorporates streaming, a social network, and a well-known content promotion site worldwide. Only here can you listen to music, laugh at funny posts, watch recipes, or learn how with the help of educational videos—all of these in one place. However, even though it seems perfectly built, YouTube doesn’t always perform 100% well. Like other video-streaming platforms, it also meets technical difficulties that can be the root causes of error messages. One example of those errors is when YouTube says invalid response received. This issue has spread all over the internet, and many YouTube users reported it. They said that the error message is showing whenever they try to upload videos into the video-sharing platform. The same issue also occurs when you want to save a YouTube video using the YouTube app on other devices, and the error message is "Request includes an invalid claim." If you are one of those users experiencing the same error and are searching for solutions to fix it, we got you covered here. This article will provide you practical solutions.
Possible Causes of YouTube Invalid Request, Authentication Expired
An error message like the invalid response received on YouTube can appear on your computer if YouTube cannot complete the action you have initiated. This error message may have a variety of root causes. Many are beyond YouTube's reach, such as a faulty internet link or inadequate memory on your computer. Other possible causes of this particular error are listed below.
- Account timeout - This commonly occurs when the video takes a long time to upload. Suppose you sit inactive for an extended time after the upload has finished. In that case, your account will time out, and you will be permanently signed out. Pressing the "Refresh" symbol on your browser will allow you to log in again and complete the process of uploading the video.
- Users signed in into another account while uploading the video - Another known source of this error is when users open another tab or a new browser. And then, log out of YouTube and into a separate Youtube account.
- Faulty extension is causing the problem - Two known browser extensions cause the invalid response received on YouTube on both Chrome and Firefox. The Down ThemAll and the other one is Video DownloadHelper. We suggest either disable or remove it from your browser if you have them installed to resolve the issue.
- Unverified YouTube account - You can also try to verify your account with a phone number. Some users confirmed that the video was uploaded successfully after verifying their account.
Methods to Fix Invalid Response Received on Youtube
This part will provide you with five effective solutions on how to fix the invalid response received on YouTube. The solutions that we listed below were gathered through research from different user reports and repair strategies that they have used to fix the error.
Method 1: Refresh the Page
Users are automatically signed off or timed out for inactivity if the video takes long to upload to YouTube's servers. To resolve this problem, simply refresh the tab and log in again to remove the error message. After that, you'll need to re-enter your password and log back into your YouTube account. You can now go back to the page where we got the “Invalid request; authentication expired” error message. See if you can set the video in public to post it.
Method 2: Avoid Log into a Different YouTube Account While Uploading
This problem can also arise if you signed in to a separate Google account from the same computer when the video was being posted, as many users have confirmed. Although no official reason has been found, YouTube users speculate that this action is most likely a YouTube security protection to prevent abuse. In this case, the action you have to do is very simple. You just have to re-upload the video and ensure that you are not logged into a separate Google account while the video is being uploaded. The error from YouTube says invalid response received should not be occurring this time.
Note: Please be mindful that logging into a different YouTube account with an incognito tab or a different browser will have the same error. It is because Google will still see the same IP address.
Method 3: Uninstall Downloading Extensions
As we mentioned above, there are browser extensions that trigger why there is a YouTube invalid response received message occurring. If you have these two extensions (Video DownloadHelper and Down ThemAll) installed on your browser, the best solution to do is to remove them. Here’s a short guide on how to do so. Please follow the guidelines for the browser you are using.
For Google Chrome:
- First, launch your Google Chrome browser. Click on the menu button ⋮ that is located at the top right-hand of the browser. Then, navigate to "More Tools" and go to "Extensions" to open a new window.
- Within the "Extension" window, scroll down to the extensions that need to be uninstalled and hit "Removed".
- Finally, click the "Remove" button once again to confirm the uninstallation of the extension.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- First, launch your Mozilla Firefox browser. On its upper right-hand corner, open the "Application" menu ☰. Then, choose "Add-ons and Themes<" from the list to open the "Extensions" tab.
- From here, click "Remove" from the menu by clicking the three dots button.
- Now, click the "Remove" button once again to confirm the uninstallation of the extension.
Method 4: Alternative: Download Video Using Video Keeper
Since certain video downloaders, such as Video DownloadHelper and Down ThemAll, will trigger the error on YouTube, you must stop using them and find a useful video downloader. With that said, we recommend you use Acethinker Video Keeper. It is one of the best YouTube downloaders you can find on the internet. Using this will help you to download YouTube videos to your computer quickly with ease. Video Keeper has a built-in browser that you can use instead of launching the browser on your computer to avoid the error on YouTube. The tool can download Ustream video and other popular video-streaming sites, including videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Metacafe, etc. Moreover, it will also allow downloading videos in the most popular formats such as MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, etc.
We provide you a step-by-step guide below if you’re wondering how to download a video from YouTube. We're sure that this alternative will contribute to the solutions you are looking for on how to fix invalid responses received on YouTube.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the Video Keeper
First, download the software by selecting one of the download buttons provided above. You can check your computer if you are using Windows or Mac OS. After that, install the program by following the installation prompt. Once done, launch the software.
Step 2 Download the YouTube Video
Next, navigate to the "Detect" tab on the tool's interface. Here, go to the YouTube site using the built-in browser. Look for the video you want to save and play it. If the video has begun to play, click the "Download" button that will appear in the lower right corner of the video. Once clicked, the downloading process will begin automatically.
Step 3 Play and Watch the Video
You can view the video download process by returning to the "Download" tab. And once the video is finished downloading, navigate to the "Completed" panel. Right-click on the YouTube video and click "Play".
Method 5: Verify Your YouTube Account
An unverified YouTube account is also a possible cause of an invalid response received on YouTube. Some affected users have claimed that the error disappears after they have verified their YouTube accounts. If that’s the case, refer to the steps below to make your YouTube account verified.
- To start, click this link to proceed with the account verification. If you did not yet sign in to your Google account, you would be asked to do so.
- Choose your country and how do you want to get the authentication code. It can be through an automatic voice call or a text message.
- When you have received the verification code, type it into the line provided and hit submit once again.
- Once done, you will receive a message indicating that your YouTube account has been successfully verified.