YouTube is undoubtedly one of the famous video-sharing platforms on the internet today. It provides users with a large variety of trending videos from which to pick. However, there is a restriction to this. Some of the videos require you to confirm your age to watch them. Youtube's age restriction policy is one of several policies that keep the content upon the site safe for work and underage users. The age restriction term restricts viewers from accessing potentially unsuitable content unless they sign into their personal YouTube accounts. As a multi-age group platform, YouTube must carefully implement terms and conditions such as the age restriction policy to ensure appropriate content is accessible to the public. Before, there were many ways to watch age-restricted YouTube videos without signing into your account. However, in the recent updates, the platform has removed most of these third-party solutions. But don't worry. In this article, we gathered methods to learn how to bypass YouTube age restriction. Make sure to follow the tutorial up until the end to find the best option for yourself.
There are just a few methods left that will allow YouTube age restriction bypass. Yet, due to recent and frequent changes to YouTube's terms and conditions, some of these methods may not apply to you, depending on your region and network. As a result, we propose that you test all of the solutions to discover the best and most long-term solution to overcome YouTube's age restriction.
Use A YouTube Client for PC and Mac
The most secure and simple way to get around YouTube's age restrictions is to use the FreeTube program on your computer. FreeTube is a YouTube client accessible for Windows, macOS, and even Linux devices. It is intended to allow you to use YouTube more discreetly. Also, FreeTube helps many users to watch age-restricted YouTube videos even without signing in on their respective accounts. To know how to watch an age-restricted YouTube video on your computer, kindly follow the instructions below.
- First, you must install the FreeTube program on your computer. To do that, click on the link provided above to access the site and install it on your computer.
- Once downloaded, double click the .exe file and install it on your computer. After a successful installation, the shortcut icon will appear on your desktop. Double click it to launch the program.
- You can now either search for the video you want to view or just copy/paste the video’s URL from your browser. Once the video has been analyzed, the program will play it immediately, bypassing the YouTube age restriction policy.
Use NewPipe on An Android Device
Are you using a mobile device? Worry no more. There is also an application dedicated to mobile users, and that is NewPipe. It is an Android app that allows you to watch age-restricted videos on your smartphone without signing into your profile. Though, NewPipe is not officially supported by Google Play. You can still download its APK filefrom a third-party website. But to be safe from any virus, we provided you here with the download link. Once you have downloaded the app on your Android phone, follow the guide below to know how to watch age-restricted YouTube videos.
- Install the application by clicking on the apk file on your smartphone. You might need to provide permission to Google Chrome to install apk files.
- Once installed, the app's icon will appear on your home screen. Open the application, and you will see that the user interface of NewPipe is quite similar to that of the YouTube mobile app.
- You can search now for the video you want to watch right here. NewPipe will not urge you to sign in after launching the app and even when you're watching an age-restricted YouTube video.
YouTube Age Restriction Bypass With VLC
VLC is known for being a cross-platform multimedia player and framework that is free and open source. It can play almost all multimedia files as well as many streaming protocols. Yet, did you know that VLC can also be helpful so you can watch age-restricted YouTube videos? The answer is yes! VLC allows any users to stream videos directly by using URL. Besides, it is available to all platforms, including Mac, Windows, and mobile phones. Therefore, you can download the app regardless of the device you’re using. You can refer to the steps below to know how to watch age-restricted YouTube videos using VLC.
- First, download and install VLC on your device. If you're using a mobile device, you can install the app directly from Google Play Store or App Store for iOS devices. Contrarily, click here to download the program on your computer.
- Once the application is installed, launch the VLC media player and tap or click the "More" option. Here, you can stream video content directly from your network by pressing the "New stream" button on mobile devices. Or by selecting the "Open Network Stream" option to proceed on your computer.
- VLC will ask for a URL of the restricted YouTube video that you wish to watch. So, copy the URL of the video and paste it here.
- Finally, tap the right arrow icon on the side of the URL or hit "Enter" on your keyboard, and VLC will then start to parse the video for you. Once finished, you can now watch the YouTube video without any restriction.
Tweak The YouTube Video URL
There are also existing YouTube URL tricks that you can employ to bypass and watch YouTube videos without signing in to your account. You don’t have to worry because these tricks are nothing but simple workarounds. All you have to do is alter the URL of the YouTube video slightly. But before you can try them, you have to take note that these might not work for all age-restricted videos depending on your region. Still, they are worth a try.
1. Using Listen on Repeat
Listen on Repeat is a third-party website that allows you to watch age-restricted YouTube videos. This service is also a useful method for those users who wish to play a specific video on Repeat without interruption. It even allows users to discover new music, trending podcasts, stream radio on the site, and share it with their friends.
- Launch your browser and visit the age-restricted YouTube video that you cannot play.
- From the browser’s address bar, you will have to add “repeat” before the word “youtube” in the video’s URL.
- Once the URL is modified, hit “Enter.” You will find a video thumbnail on the top of the webpage. Click on it, and the video will start playing.
- Suppose that the YouTube videos not playing with this method. In that case, you can go through the Listen on Repeat official site by searching the name of the age-restricted YouTube video using the site’s search box.
2. Add PWN on the YouTube URL
Another YouTube trick that you can do to circumvent the age restrictions of YouTube is by modifying a few letters at the beginning of the YouTube URL. One famous YouTube URL trick is the "PWN method." This trick is made possible by the pwnyoutube.com website. It even allows you to grab a local copy of a YouTube video and enjoy it streaming offline. Here's how to do so.
- Using your browser, go to the age-restricted YouTube video that you wish to play.
- Now, see the URL of the YOuTube video from the browser’s address bar.
- Here, add “pwn” after the word “youtube,” and that is after the “www.”
- Then, you have to hit the “Enter” on your keyboard to play the YouTube video.
Download the Age-Restricted Video
If you are hesitant to try all the listed methods above, there's one more solution you can engage in. The secure and most dependable way to watch age-restricted YouTube videos is to download them on your computer and watch YouTube offline. Hence, here we present a top-rated video downloader called AceThinker Video Keeper. This tool lets you play YouTube videos without being online, unlike the other methods suggested here, which require you to stay connected to watch the video. What makes it the best solution is because Video Keeper can download any video from YouTube even if it's age-restricted. This tool also offers various download formats which are playable to any device. These download formats include MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, MOV, WEBM, MP3, and AAC. To know how to watch an age-restricted YouTube video using this tool, kindly refer to the three easy steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the YouTube Age-Restricted Video Downloader
Start by clicking one of the "Download" links above to obtain the tool's installation file. Make sure that you download the suitable installer for your computer's operating system. Once downloaded, follow the installation prompt to install the program correctly. Once installed, launch the program.
Step 2 Download the Age-Restricted YouTube Video
You can now open your browser and go to the age-restricted YouTube video you wish to watch. Then, copy the video's URL from the address bar of the browser. Once done, switch back to the tool. From here, paste the copied link by clicking the "Paste URL" button. The tool will analyze the link and begin to download the video after a few moments.
Step 3 Start Watching The Downloaded Video
After the video has finished downloading, navigate to the "Completed" tab. Here, right-click on the video's name to get a list of potential actions. You can either select "Play" to watch the video immediately or "Open Folder" to locate the destination folder of the downloaded video.