YouTube provides a variety of ways on how you can watch videos, such as on the website or to its official mobile app. The tons of content YouTube has to offer is one of the reasons why people enjoy viewing videos on this site. The available content you can access through YouTube is music videos, movies, documentary films, live streams, video blogs, etc. And if you wish to download any content from this site, it will be easy if you have YouTube Premium. However, saving videos with a Premium subscription is very limited, and it can be costly to some users. In that case, the best way to solve this problem is to use third-party software or services. So, you can download and copy YouTube to a USB drive, which you can then plug-in and play them anywhere. Continue reading below to learn how to download a YouTube video to a flash drive with the help of certain desktop applications, browser plugins, and online YouTube video downloaders.
How to Download YouTube Videos to Pendrive
Distinctive Feature: Video Keeper has a multi-thread technology that speeds up the download process three times faster than other programs.
Price: $9.95 per month.
If it comes to downloading YouTube videos, we can all trust AceThinker Video Keeper. This desktop application is one of the best YouTube to MP4 converter that meets all your download needs. It supports downloading HD such as 720P, 1080, and even 4K video files for clearer and perfect video outputs. Video Keeper also has a built-in browser and detect function that you can use to directly grab any YouTube videos simultaneously and save them to your USB. Moreover, Video Keeper is available on both Windows and Mac OS. So, grab the tool and learn how to download a YouTube video to a flash drive by following the steps provided below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install Video Keeper
First, click the "Download" button provided above to get the tool’s installer. Please open the file and install it into your Windows or Mac computer by following the setup instructions. Launch the application after the installation is completed.
Step 2 Set the Download Output Folder to USB
Next, select "Settings" on the menu icon (⋮), located at the top-right corner of the tool's interface. Once clicked, a new window will appear, then navigate to the “Download” tab. Here, click on the three-dots icon to select USB drive as the output folder. Hit the “OK” button to save the changes.
Step 3 Save YouTube Video to USB Flash Drive
Then, launch a web browser and go to the YouTube site. Look for the YouTube video or movie you want to download and copy its URL link to the address bar. After that, return to Video Keeper and press the "Plus" sign located at the left side of the tool's interface to paste the URL. The downloading process will begin automatically.
Step 4 Play and Watch the YouTube Video
Go to the tool's "Completed" panel to find the YouTube video. Here, you can choose to click the "Play" to watch the video immediately or "Open folder" to locate the video from YouTube to USB.
Use Downloader Tool to Download from YouTube to USB
Distinctive Feature: You can also use this tool like a search engine bar for YouTube for an easier way to download videos from YouTube to USB.
If you don’t want to install a desktop program, you can use AceThinker Online Video Downloader. It is a free online tool that you can use in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any browser available on your computer or mobile devices. This tool is convenient and easy to use with just a few clicks. Even though it's just a web-based online app, the tool can download as many videos as you want from YouTube since there are no download restrictions. The online video downloader supports 240p, 360p, and 480p video output quality. It can also convert the YouTube videos into MP3 if you wish to save them as audio-only.
Follow the list of steps below to know how to copy YouTube video to USB:
- First, search on YouTube for the video you want to download. Be sure to copy its URL link address.
- Next, access the online YouTube downloader by clicking the link given in the description above. Paste the URL of the video into the box provided, then click the "Download" button beside it.
- A download list will show up after the link has been analyzed. Right-click the "Download" button next to the quality you preferred and select "Save link as". Once clicked, your computer's file explorer will appear. Plug-in the USB drive on your computer and then choose the drive as the location to save your YouTube video.
Save Video from YouTube to USB Using Plug-in
Distinctive Feature: Pop-up ad videos that run on a website will not be detected or downloaded by the plug-in.
9xbuddy is a browser extension offered by mp3downy.com. With over 3,000+ users, it is the most secure and effective downloader that you can use. The tool will allow you to download YouTube videos effortlessly without living the YouTube site. This plug-in supports HD quality MP4 video format. And it can save videos from YouTube to USB without losing their original quality. Another nice feature of this chrome extension is that it will allow you to convert the YouTube video into MP3 format and save the thumbnail.
See the steps written below to know how to download movies from YouTube to USB:
- First, open Google Chrome and go to the extension store. Search for 9xbuddy and hit "Add to Chrome." to mount the plug-in on the browser.
- Then, open a new tab and go to YouTube and play a video you wish to download. When playing, go to the top-right corner of the window and press the extension's icon. Hit on the "Download MP4" button, and it will direct you to another tab. From here, click on the green download button to begin the download.
- When the video has been completely downloaded, head on to the download folder and copy the file. After that, connect your USB to your computer and open the drive folder. Here, transfer the file by pasting the copied YouTube video and play it to check.
|Tool||AceThinker Video Keeper||AceThinker Online Video Downloader||9xbuddy|
|Supported Websites||YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, Niconico, Naver, Lynda, TED, Bilibili, and other 1000+ websites.||YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Vevo, Bilibili, Metacafe, LiveLeak, Facebook, and other popular websites.||YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Dailymotion, Soundcloud, and many other sites.|
|Video Output Format||MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, MOV, WEBM||MP4 only||MP4 only|
|Audio Output Format||MP3 and AAC||MP3 only||MP3 only|