There are so many reasons why YouTube is the go-to video streaming app. Aside from streaming videos in high-quality without paying a dime, you can subscribe to your favorite channels, like videos, comment, save to watch later, and so on. Many artists, vloggers, online influencers, and others have used this platform to showcase their talent and generate income. YouTube also has a mobile app where you can download videos. However, you cannot access your phone storage downloads unless you open the YouTube application. Saving videos from YouTube may also have some restrictions, based on the copyright content on the video. This article is for you if you are interested in saving YouTube videos on your device for free. Continue reading to discover the best free YouTube downloaders.
Why Do You Want to Download YouTube Videos
A lot of people keep themselves occupied by watching videos online. And most would be interested in saving their favorite clips on their phone for some reasons, such as:
- Offline streaming: you will fancy saving videos on your device if you love traveling with your loved ones. You can easily play your saved videos anywhere and anytime without stress, and you can share your saved clips with friends.
- Unstable internet connection: One of the reasons people save videos on their devices is due to the poor internet connection. If your network is not strong enough, you may not enjoy your streaming experience. And the video you are watching may buffer and become less interesting.
- Backup your content: Sometimes, videos get removed from streaming platforms. An excellent way to save a video you love permanently is to download them on your device.
Best 5 Free YouTube Downloaders
1. Video Keeper for Windows and Mac
AceThinker Video Keeper is a nice tool you can use to save videos if you fancy watching videos on YouTube. You can also save clips from other platforms like Facebook, Dailymotion, and others. AceThinker Video Keeper supports downloads of different videos simultaneously. It also saves you time when downloading videos from a YouTube playlist; you have the videos on your device with just a few clicks. Downloading videos with this app is easy; copy the video URL and paste it. Follow the instructions below to know how to use AceThinker Video Keeper.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install Video Keeper
Click here to download this software on your device. Click on the installer and follow the instructions to install. Launch the app to access the interface once the installation is complete.
Step 2 Download YouTube Video
Access YouTube from your web browser, search for the video you want to download. Copy the video link from the address bar, head back to AceThinker Video Keeper, press "Enter." Click "More" to choose the video quality, and click "Download" to save the clip on your device.
Step 3 Play YouTube Video
Once the download is complete, you can access the video from the "Downloaded" panel. Right-click on the downloaded file, and click on "Play" to view it.
- You can use this tool to extract audio from a video and save it in MP3 format.
- You can search for YouTube videos directly from this software using its built-in browser.
- You cannot download more than three videos at the same time when using the trial version.
2. Gihosoft TubeGet for Mac
This is another exciting tool for Mac that can be used to download videos from YouTube. Gihosoft TubeGet has a "One-Click Download" mode that makes it easy to save videos on your device with a simple click. You get to choose the quality, format as well as download folder; this configuration will apply to your next download. You can use this tool to merge all your downloads into one single file. It also functions as a video converter (convert downloaded clips to enable play on different devices/media players).
- It can be used to download YouTube channels and playlist.
- Can add subtitles to downloaded videos while converting.
- You cannot download more than five videos in a day when using the free trial version.
3. Video DownloadHelper – Popular Web Browser Extensions
This web browser extension is prevalent, and it works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Video DownloadHelper can be used to save YouTube videos on your local disk. It also supports the download of DASH videos and HLS streamed videos. You can convert videos to any format using this tool (AVI, WMV, MPEG, etc.). You will find every video detected by this tool on its interface.
- Easily customizable interface.
- unlimited Downloads.
- It does not support the download of YouTube channels and playlist.
- Restriction on the video's quality to download; allows you to only download videos in 144p, 240p, and 360p.
4. Video Converto – Web-Based Program
This open-source web-based tool allows users to save videos from different sites, including YouTube. Video Converto is an easy to use online tool; all you need to do is paste the URL link of the video you want to download. You can rename the clip you want to download and edit ID3 tags. You can cut and trim part of the videos you don’t want using Video Converto. Expect annoying ads on the webpage.
- Supports download of YouTube videos without downloading or installing any file on your device.
- Only support file downloads in MP3 and MP4 formats.
- You cannot select the video quality you want.
ClipConverter is one of the free YouTube downloaders you can count on. You can download and convert YouTube videos immediately. You can also save videos from Vimeo, Facebook, and other video streaming platforms. ClipConverter can be used to download videos in 4k quality, if available. Additionally, you can use it to extract audio in formats like M4A, AAC. MP3.
- You can use all the features of this app for free without limitations.
- It also has a browser extension that allows you to download videos from YouTube without leaving the website.
- It cannot be used to download YouTube videos with strict copyright security.