Twitter is well known as a micro-blogging site. It has grown in popularity among researchers, students, policymakers, politicians, and the general public. Before, many users had difficulty understanding what Twitter was and how to use it. But it has now become the social networking platform of choice for many. Twitter became popular because it is an excellent source of breaking news, both written and video. In fact, the demand for video content within the platform is increasing as more businesses and individuals are creating videos. That is why it is not surprising that the quantity of videos posted on Twitter is escalating every day. It is normal to come across an interesting Twitter video on your iPhone feed and want to download it, but this is where you are stumped. Apple makes downloading Twitter videos on iPhone nearly challenging. Much of it is related to security. While there is no straightforward way to download Twitter video to iPhone's camera roll, there are some possible ways that you can try.
Download Twitter Video on Computer and Transfer to iPhone
OS Compatibility: Windows and Mac.
AceThinker Video Keeper is a powerful tool designed to help those users who want to download videos and music from various websites online. What’s best about this tool is the capability to download or queue multiple videos at once. With this tool, you can download any videos regardless of the resolutions, such as 720p, 1080P, 2K, 4K Ultra HD quality. But that’s not it, this tool can even download 8K video resolution if the video supports it. No need to worry about the download speed. Video Keeper is equipped with advanced multi-threading technology. With it, you can surely grab any Twitter video smoothly without a problem. Moreover, this tool has a video conversion feature that enables users to convert videos into MP3 or MP4 format. Without further ado, let's take a look now at how this tool works in downloading Twitter videos online.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install The Twitter Video Downloader
First, download the tool by clicking one of the download buttons provided above. Make sure to save the right installer based on what OS your computer is. Follow the installation process to install the tool properly. Then, launch the program right after.
Step 2 Copy and Paste The Twitter Video URL
Open your browser and visit Twitter's official site. Here, look for the Twitter video you wish to download and copy its URL from the browser's address bar. Once copied, return to the Twitter video downloader and hit on the “+” icon to paste the link from the tool. Let the tool analyze the link. After a while, select "More" to see the available quality and output format of the Twitter video.
Step 3 Start Downloading The Twitter Video
From the list of available quality formats, select the resolution you prefer to download the Twitter video. Once selected, click the blue “Download” button to continue downloading the video. You can monitor the progress of the video download in the "Downloading" section while you wait for its completion.
Step 4 Transfer the Saved Twitter Video to iPhone
After the download is finished, navigate to the "Video" under the "Downloaded" section of the tool. Right-click on the video to open its folder location. Finally, begin transferring the downloaded Twitter video to iPhone via iTunes.
Now that you’ve downloaded the Twitter video, it's time to learn how to transfer it from your computer to your iPhone via iTunes. To help you with that, refer to the guide below.
- Open iTunes on your computer and plug your iPhone into it using an appropriate cable. Once your iPhone has been identified, choose it from the Devices menu to continue.
- Navigate to the "Summary" tab and choose "Options." Turn on the option "Manually manage music and videos" from here. To save your changes, hit the “Apply” button.
- Now, from the iTunes menu, pick the “File” option and then the “Add Files to Library” option. Click on "Add Folder to Library" to add an entire folder. This will open a browser window. Here, manually select the Twitter videos that you want to transfer to your device.
- From the left panel, choose your phone and navigate to the "Movies" tab. Enable the “Sync Movies” option and select the files that you want to move. Finally, click the Apply button to transfer the video from your computer to iPhone.
Save Video From Twitter iPhone Using An Online Tool
If you want Twitter video download iOS without installing an app on your device, you can rely on Download-Twitter-Videos. This Twitter video downloader is an online tool accessible with most mobile browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. It allows any user to download Twitter videos in the most spontaneous way. In addition, Download-Twitter-Videos can download any Twitter videos quickly in MP4 or MP3 if you want only the audio.
- Open the Twitter app, look for the video you wish to download. Then, press the arrow symbol to the lower-right of the tweet and select "Copy Link." You can also do this on your browser. Tap the arrow symbol in the Twitter app to copy the tweet URL.
- On your iPhone or iPad device, go to DownloadTwitterVideo.com and paste the URL here. Then, hit Download MP4. It will most likely launch an ad in a new tab. Just close this window.
- Return to the online tool, and tap "Right-click here and select Save link as..." It will direct you to a new tab, and you will select "Download" here to begin saving the Twitter video.
- You can check its progress by pressing the download button in the upper right corner. When the download has finished, tap the video. Then, press the Share icon to share the downloaded Twitter video with your friends via other applications. Or, tap Save Video to save it to your Photos app.
- Using your Safari browser, visit the tvdl.app and select "Get the Shortcut." Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap "Add Untrusted Shortcut."
- Launch the Twitter app and look for the video you want to download. Press the arrow symbol to the lower-right corner of the video tweet. Then, select "Share via." and after that, tap "TVDL v3.1."
- Tap "OK" from the notification that will appear. Once done, select the desired video quality and press "OK." Allow the shortcut to access the Photos app so that the video can be saved locally. And that's it!
- Copy the link to the Twitter video, just as you did in the previous ways written above. Then, open the Documents app and tap the compass icon in the lower right corner of its interface. This launches a web browser within the program.
- From here, access an online tool called the twdown.net website and paste the copied link into the appropriate field. Once done, tap the Download button.
- After you hit the download option, the site will auto-generate three buttons with various video quality. Depending on your preferences, tap on any of the buttons. And there you have it!
Download Twitter Video to iPhone Via Shortcuts
The approach described above is simple. However, due mainly to advertisements and sometimes server malfunction, you may want to choose another option. So, here's a great alternative that's quick, ad-free, and doesn't require you to copy a URL. Although, it includes installing a third-party shortcut to your iPhone device. But, you must first enable untrusted shortcuts before proceeding. To do so, go to "Settings" > "Shortcuts" > "Allow Untrusted Shortcuts" and then enter your device passcode. After that, use the shortcut to save Twitter video to iPhone by following the instructions below.
Note: This number may differ according to the version of the iOS device you're using.
Note: Please keep in mind that you only need to go through steps 6–8 the first time. Following that, you should pick the video quality you prefer.
Save Twitter Video to iPhone Using Documents by Readdle
Documents by Readdle is a fantastic software that brings all of your files to life. This is a place for file action, not just storage. It is a popular tool for reading PDFs and adding notes to them. Aside from that, this application is also used as a file manager and to sync documents to the cloud. But there are only a few users who know that this software has one more incredible function. And that is the capability to download Twitter videos to iPhone. To find out how it works as a Twitter video downloader, follow the steps below.
As you can see above, we have provided you with four possible ways to save Twitter video iPhone. All of the tools mentioned are effective for downloading Twitter videos to iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices. If you have a computer, we recommend Acethinker Video Keeper because of its extensive features and very simplistic interface. If not, the remaining options are free to use and do not require you anything like jailbreaking your phone just to be able to download Twitter videos.