Do you ever come across a video on Google Chrome and want to save it? If yes, then the chances are that you often have trouble downloading videos. The internet is full of platforms that let you view videos for free. But there are several reasons why people still download videos from the internet. Even if it's not just for sharing, sometimes you need a tutorial downloaded to your phone 24/7. Other times, you might want to watch a downloaded video podcast without interruptions from your slow internet connection. The point is that downloading videos from Chrome is something everyone eventually thinks of, especially when you’re a victim of a poor internet connection. Thankfully, we're living in an age where almost every digital problem can be solved. Your problem can easily be solved through a video downloader chrome extension. Downloading videos should not be complicated. But unfortunately, the internet is full of scammers and fake extensions that only flood your device with viruses and harmful malware once installed. Therefore, deciding which downloader to go for can be difficult. That is why we have brought you a list of the best video downloaders for Google Chrome. Before we get to that, let us first discuss why you need a downloader.
Why Do You Need a Google Chrome Video Downloader?
Being able to download any video of Chrome brings a lot of benefits. A few of them are listed below.
- Break Free from the Limits of Slow Internet. If you want videos ready to be watched on the go without an internet connection, you can download videos beforehand. You're not bound by the limits of a Wi-Fi connection, nor do you have to spend your money on data to stream videos.
- Entertainment, Knowledge, and Tutorials downloaded. Whether it’s a tutorial video, a podcast, or entertainment, you’ll have videos saved, ready to be watched all the time. Video downloaders come in handy, especially for people who want to spend their free time educating or entertaining themselves.
- No Buffering or Resolution Problems . An excellent advantage you get out of the best Chrome video downloader is uninterrupted, seamless video streaming in high quality. Simply put videos on download a while before you need to watch them. Tight on storage? No problem! A lower resolution can solve your problem easily.
What to Look for in The Best Video Downloader for Chrome
Downloading embedded videos from Chrome can be a hassle if you don’t look for a suitable tool to get the job done. Certain qualities are to be searched for when looking for the ideal video downloader. If you don’t pay attention to what you’re bringing to your device, then the chances of your device getting bombarded with malware increase significantly. Therefore, it is necessary to keep a few things in mind when choosing a video downloader. Below are some features that an ideal video downloader should offer.
- Security. Look out for downloaders that invade your privacy and pose a threat to your device’s security. Go for a reliable downloader that is safe to use and gets the job done.
- Ease of Use. The best video downloader for Chrome should be easy to use. Too many complications make downloading videos more troublesome than watching them with a slow internet connection.
- Ad-free. We all hate annoying ads that pop up every minute and ruin our experience. Try opting for a downloader that is ad-free and makes downloading videos a piece of cake.
- Record Live Streams. Being able to record live streams is also a plus point that you should look for in your hunt for the best video downloader for Chrome.
- Quality. Make sure the downloader does not compromise on the quality of the videos downloading. Instead, an ideal video downloader should offer several resolution options in which the video can be downloaded. This will save your storage and also reduce the time needed for downloading videos.
Best 5 Google Chrome Video Downloader Extensions
Now that we have gone through the ins and outs of video downloaders let us move on to our main subject. Here are our top 5 picks of Google Chrome video downloader extensions.
The first on our list is an easy-to-use video downloader extension known as AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online. AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online allows you to quickly download videos without any hassle. The download offers several useful features to its users. Check out the main features of AceThinker Free Screen Recorder Online listed below.
- Free Video Downloading
- Easy and Simple Functions
- No Ads
- Livestream Recording Feature
- Supports Every Mainstream Browser Including Chrome
- Different Video Resolutions available
Flash Video Downloader is the second extension on our list that is also easy to use. Licensed by Google Chrome itself, Flash Video Downloader is popular for giving you a variety of formats to download videos in. This saves you from the trouble of converting videos to your desired format after downloading them. Check out the main features of Flash Video Downloader below.
- Simple and Fast
- Free Extension
- Offers Several formats including MP4, MOV, FLY, WEBM
- Works on Almost Every website
- Live Stream Recording Feature
If you’re looking for an all-in-one type video downloader for Chrome, then this one is for you. The VideoDownload Helper extension allows you to download videos from any website. The best part? You get to download in a wide range of formats. The features of VideoDownload Helper are listed below.
- Customizable, user-friendly interface
- Supports Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Allows you to convert videos in different formats after downloading
- Smart Video naming leads to better sorting
- Live stream recording feature
Simple yet powerful, Video Downloader Professional is a downloading extension from Google Chrome that efficiently handles all of your video downloading tasks. This extension brings you benefits similar to its counterparts. Some of its features are mentioned below.
- Video List feature lets you access videos without videos taking up your disk space.
- Variety of different formats and resolution options
- Provides a shortcut to videos, so you don't have to visit the website every time.
- Free and easy to use
Stream Video Downloader is a reliable extension that fulfills all of your video downloading needs. It offers several video resolutions in which you can download your favorite videos. See the features Stream Video Downloader brings to the table.
- 4k quality downloading
- Simple User-friendly interface
- Several format options such as, MP4
- Reliable and Safe
Best 5 Free Online Video Downloaders for Chrome
DiStillVideo is the first online downloader on our list. When you visit this website, DiStillVideo’s homepage shows you a rectangular box where you can paste the link of the video you want to download. It offers multiple format options that you can choose from, including WebM, 3gp, and mp4. No installations are necessary for downloading videos here. DiStillVideo also lets you remove sound from videos before downloading.
SaveFrom.net is perhaps one of the most popular video downloaders. We believe it has made it to the big leagues due to the simplicity and efficiency of the website. All you got to do is copy the URL of the video you want to download and paste it on the website's main page. Select a resolution and format and let the website do its magic.
CatchVideo is both a website and an extension that suits almost every website. You can download videos from popular platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Dailymotion, etc. Similar to our previously mentioned pick, Catchvideo lets you download videos when you paste the link on the main webpage. Other than that, it also has an installable add-on as well as an Android application.
Up next on our list of best video downloaders for Chrome is BitDownloader. Known for its safety, BitDownloader has a similar method of downloading videos. Through the classic pasting URL method, you can download all of your favorite videos from BitDownloader with almost no effort. One key specialty that makes this downloader stand out is its ability to download MP3 files as well.
Converto is another online video downloader that refers to itself as “the easiest way to download and convert YouTube to mp3 or mp4”. We cannot help but agree with Converto on its judgment. While the downloader uses the basic URL paste download method, it also lets you convert your file into mp3 or mp4 format. No extra hurdles are involved. Lastly, the best part is that you can name and sort your videos in a custom order before hitting the download button.
Those were our lists of carefully handpicked extensions and websites that would serve you best when you’re downloading videos from Chrome. But do remember that free downloaders mean you’ll also be getting annoyed by some advertisements. Nevertheless, these downloaders will get the job done easily!